Sunday, November 6, 2005

I-Haul, Revised



Burgundy Westbay Towers, Unit 1610, farewell.

Not too long ago, I decided to reside in this quaint yet homey unit because it was perfect. It didn't matter that it didn't have good airflow and that something was leaking from the tubes above, causing my light bulbs to short out.



Its decadent hallway welcomes me in and leads me out of the building every single day, ushering me wherever I go.



Although my stay here was cut short due to concerns about my health, I had had wonderful and equally turbulent times here. The charades despedida for Kei, an incident involving E.R.s with desperate doctors and a disturbing stalker all made this place one of the most colorful. The thing is that this place reminds me of that "kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan" crap that you don't normally listen to but you can't get it out of your head, thanks to the association of yes fm listeners, and also the cab and jeepney drivers everywhere. I get to miss a lot about the place now that I'm leaving. I had a relaxing pool on the top floor overlooking the makati skyline that made me relax when I had a lot on my mind.



It had books, quite a number of them actually. Although I never got to read them. A guitar also made the place mellow, even though the only chord I knew when I bought it was "A".



That carbon monoxide infused air, heaven. To that whore who lives next door, who knows how to cook only one viand: tinapa, thank you for making the hallway smell like nepa-q-mart. To the dimwitted guards whom I instructed to ban a certain someone from the premises but were outwitted by that persistent stalker, you might want to retrain with your agency. The janitor who cleans up all of my cigarette butts on the hallway, sensya ka na, tao lang. To that elevator which took most of my morning schedule, fuck, ayoko rin naman pumasok e :). My window overlooks the bustling metro, its pollution and whatnot. I'll never forget it.



As the last piece of furniture was being hauled out, I sit and think about the melancholy that now covers it. The mellow atmosphere had shifted into a dull and empty space, waiting for a new tenant to bring it to life.



Farewell, 1610. I'll always remember you as my only friend when I had absolutely no one to turn to.

2 comments:

tashgorgeous said...

heya.. aw... i'l mis ur pad too!

Anonymous said...

name brand clothing

Related Posts with Thumbnails