Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Would Rochelle Do?


"Di ko na mapi-pi-gi-lan, ang ka-li-ga-ya-han na aking nadarama..." went my Visayan neighbor as her loudspeakers blared it throughout the neighborhood on high noon today as I ate spaghetti on the living room. I can't help but get on my holier-than-thou horse and holler back with a mouthy "HOY" at her, but that would be what another denigrate would do to his kin. I then had a realization.

Entertainment being what it is: just entertainment, becomes more than what it is and the more popular it gets makes it a catalyst on how our future society would attach their morals to. A good example would be a teen asking herself (probably in the year 2016, when she's 16) "What would Rochelle do?". If the droves of young hip-breaking Sex Bomb fans only took to real life what they learn from their songs (along with the entire genre of novelty songs), they would become illiterate sluts (if they weren't already illiterate to begin with) who only wanted to marry a rich foreigner in order to sustain her for life. Wait, no. We already have fields avenue. I rest my case.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails