Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Bastards that We Are


A song by Razorlight goes:

I light a cigarette
'Cause I can't get no sleep
Theres nothing on the TV nothing on the radio
That means that much to me

All my life
Watching America
All my life
There's panic in America
There's trouble in America



It is completely clear that the Philippines is the 54th state, next to Mexico and Colombia but should we be this much US-centric that we're more concerned about the Obama-McCain election than ours, that we're glued to CNN for updates on the latest bailout plan passed by congress than our own ailing economy, that we're exploiting our hospitality by rendering our services for the States (case in point: nurses and the call center industry). There's a thought. Ponder on that before you go on watching the latest episode of Americal Idol.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails