Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time Deposit: Part Two

Our government's branches should have one unified subtitle:

"We'll make you wait, and then rob you."

Car registration occurs every year. Like summer, but is totally the opposite. Anticipating summer is like waiting for a toy: and then you get it and have to get back to school or work again.

After our Team Building in Poracay (a resort in the lahar devastated town of Porac, click here to view the website), a colleague and I headed to the Emissions Testing Center. The first of the grueling line of steps towards car registration. After waiting 15 minutes for my car to get tested, after a long queue of cars, I said to myself: "paitience is a virtue". While testing I asked the attendant what the next step was:

He replied:
"Boss, pagkatapos neto, pipicturan nalang sasakyan mo, tapos bayad ka na lang"
"Boss, after this, they just need to take a picture of your car then you'll just have to pay the bill"

I said OK then parked my car.

After 45 minutes of waiting, smoking, and drinking C2 (my favorite drink btw) I wondered what the long delay was so I eagerly stood up and asked the cashier what the long wait was for. To my surprise (and probably angst), there were more than 5 cars before me. It was only then I had noticed that the cars and their owners who were already there before mine are still there, waiting like I was. So I decided I could not do anything else so I stood there and just waited.

Since there was more than enough time, I observed the emissions testing facilities, the "photo-booth" as they dubbed it (which is composed of a cheap webcam and a stand), and the insurance office (which later on became our chill-out place, since it's air-conditioned, unlike most of the center).

After an hour, they told me to come back tomorrow.

Dipshits.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails