Monday, January 5, 2009

The PC Miguel Project


Usually I decline commissions to build a PC however in this case, where I'm financially bankrupt (thanks to my HDTV) I agreed to build one for our TSRs. It was supposed to be a fairly routine job: reattach my Intel Pentium D 930 Processor to a new motherboard which supported LGA 775, clamp in the video card and DDR 800 RAM, connect jumpers, power, and SATA cords and install an OS, to my dismay. I encountered a lot of problems namely:

1. Mobo wasn't flashed to its latest BIOS version.
2. Blue screen when installing OS using a SATA DVD-RW drive.
3. CMOS battery needed replacement.

So I took the darned machine to Digiworx and it was fixed after lunch. Thank God!

Posted at 1/13:
The pc was DOA after giving it to the client however after 3 replacement mobos it finally worked, and now I'm currently blogging using this PC. Wooot!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails