Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pan de Sal Repartee


I was chewing the last vestiges of a piece of pan de sal I was having for breakfast when my brother interjected a comment, "bumaba na ung gas di ba? bat di pa nagmumura ung pan de sal?" (Why hasn't the price for pan de sal gone down? the gas prices have lowered). My mother did not hesitate to correct him by stating that the gas prices actually went up Php 2.00/liter.

I couldn't help but think, why commodities raise the prices as soon as the gas prices go up, when in fact, stocks where they will make the bread from have already been purchased beforehand, making it a deliberate sham to jerk their prices a peso higher the next day gas giants finish announcing another hike. This country has got to have a consumer rights group. Maybe I'll start it myself. I'll call it the PBBB. No, not the mindless reality show, the Philippine Better Business Bureau.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails